Tuesday, September 2, 2014

I Want to Be a Superhero



I want to be a superhero.

I want to be everywhere at once.  I want to make it to one son’s play while also cheering on my other son’s team.

I want to be a fine example of hard work leading to success.  I want to have time to fill my home with the smell of baking cookies.

I want to give my children everything that I didn’t have even though I have to admit that most of it wasn’t invented yet.  I want to teach my children that material items don’t matter.

I want to be a superhero.

I want to be the mom I wished my mom could have been while she was trying to be a better mom than her own.

I want to be accepting of my children’s dreams while easily letting my dreams for them go.  I want to be the parent who knows that my dreams have little to do with their reality.

I want to remember that when they are adults they will remember the laughter, the rules that seemed to make no sense, the times when I was profoundly human & made mistakes, got injured, got lost and danced when there was no music playing.

I want to be the mom who knows that in the end only my unconditional love matters.  Material things won’t matter if they are surrounded by an atmosphere of impatience, judgment, disappointment, and condemnation.

I want to be remembered as someone who gave my children a foundation filled with love.

I want to be a superhero.

________________________________________________________________________
Read this blog for more articles.  Ask your parenting & education questions and learn about early childhood workshops for parents & educators - Helping Kids Achieve.
For information about private coaching for adults, youth, teens and families -  Helping Families Achieve with Cindy Terebush, CPC, CYPFC
                                                                                                                               
Copyright 2014 © Cindy Terebush
All Rights Reserved

Please do not sell, post, curate, publish, or distribute all or any part of this article without author's permission.   You are invited, however, to share a link to this post on your webpage, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and other social networking sites.     

1 comment:

  1. I especially liked, "I want to be the mom who knows that in the end only my unconditional love matters."

    ReplyDelete